22 Aug GFA Management communicates new directives based on EO 2021-19
[August 22, 2021 – Harmon, Guam] Following the announcement and signing of Executive Order 2021-19 by the Hon. Lou Leon Guerrero, Guam Football Association management has issued new directives concerning operations, events and leagues.
The full message, sent out to GFA Executives, Staff, Member Clubs, and Team Representatives via E-mail from GFA Executive Director Cheri Stewart follows:
“Due to the recent Executive Order, GFA is making the following changes to be in compliance. Before explaining what to expect starting on Monday, August 23, 2021, we would like to explain what we will aim to achieve for easement of our football community in the programs and leagues.
We will aim to work with PowerUp to enable the following, if possible:
- Upload of vaccination card to each person, whether it be player, coach, referee, match commissioners, parents or spectators.
- Program to display “CLEAR” when checking in and completing the COVID-19 questions. This is GFA’s form of contact tracing.
- Program to display “EXEMPT” for those that are below 12.
- Should anyone try to check-in without the vaccination card upload, it will be denied of entry.
NOTE: This is a possible work in progress. We will communicate on any changes, if any.
In the meantime, in order for this to be accomplished for the GFA programs moving forward, please read below. Kindly understand that this is a mandate and we need to comply and ensure safety to the best of our ability to enable the reinstatement of our full programs.
Effective Monday, August 23, 2021, the following will take place:
- All GFA Staff and Coaches must be vaccinated by September 27, 2021 to continue to work and coach at GFA. Each staff must submit their copy of the vaccination card to [email protected] as soon as possible, if not done already. Government of Guam has stated under EO 2021-19 (R1) that the organization must maintain records of staff vaccination or exemption status. This must be organized and ready to present to DPHSS promptly upon request.
- National Team Training will remain scheduled and only players that have been vaccinated are permitted to train. Players will need to remit the photo of their vaccination card to [email protected] by this week but no later than 27 August. Any players age 12 and older will need to be vaccinated in order to return to the program. Please note that the EO states that upon getting vaccinated, the vaccinated person cannot return to program until two weeks after completing the entire recommended series of the vaccination.
- Elite Select Team will remain scheduled and only players born in 2010 – 2011 are exempted from vaccination. Players born in 2008 – 2009 must remit the photo of their vaccination card to [email protected] by this week but no later than 27 August. Any players age 12 and older will need to be vaccinated in order to return to the program. Please note that the EO states that upon getting vaccinated, the vaccinated person cannot return to program until two weeks after completing the entire recommended series of the vaccination.
- Leagues (Men’s and Women’s Futsal, Women’s Recreational): GFA may devise a survey before making any final decision to suspend, continue or modify the leagues. Please give us until mid-week to make further announcements.
- Fall Leagues (RWYL, Premier, Amateur, etc): RWYL will be postponed for 30 days, please keep registration moving forward. For all other leagues slated to start later in the month (October) will remain as is, and further details will be forthcoming.
- Recommendations for Clubs (Practices): Any club coaches and administrators that are not vaccinated will need to be vaccinated by September 27th. Until such time, they are to wear mask at all times during practice, minimize contacts when possible, and sanitize frequently. GFA hopes to mediate a possible online tool to assist with verification of vaccination cards for players and coaches. This is at the discretionary of the clubs. Should you need guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us for discussion.
As this mandate is fresh with little time to adapt, we request for your patience and understanding. GFA facility will restructure the checkpoint(s) which will be posted in separate communications. All person entering GFA facility must go through the check-point to enter. Please do not bypass check-points.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance. Should there be further details, we will continue to communicate via social media, website, whatsapp, PowerUp, and email. We request for your assistance in sharing this guidance to all. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our main office.”
More information about Executive Order 2021-19, as well as other resources related to the current state of the COVID19 pandemic in Guam, are available on the Department of Homeland Security Office of Civil Defense Web site, https://www.ghs.guam.gov/
GHS/OCD offered a listing of this week’s vaccination clinics: https://www.ghs.guam.gov/jic-release-no-757-governor-leon-guerrero-signs-executive-order-no-2021-19-update-covid-19